VMware Solutions Discussions

Scripting a SMVI VSC Job to run

txskibum2000

I have several backups jobs I would like to script to start/run.  (Reason, is I want to move away from VSC Scheduler, to an Enterprise Sceduler (ie: OpCon, UC4, etc)). Is there a command or powershell script example I can use to start a backup job that I have created in VSC Backup and Recovery within vcenter?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pratikm

SMVI unfortunately does not have a CLI command for running scheduled jobs.  Only on-demand backups can be created from the CLI.

C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\smvi\cli\bin>smvi backup create -id <virtual_machine_name> -backup-name  <backup_name> [–no-vmware-snapshot] -user

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pratikm

SMVI unfortunately does not have a CLI command for running scheduled jobs.  Only on-demand backups can be created from the CLI.

C:\Program Files\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\smvi\cli\bin>smvi backup create -id <virtual_machine_name> -backup-name  <backup_name> [–no-vmware-snapshot] -user

View solution in original post

txskibum2000

This is very unfortunate.  Thank you for your response. Dale

AV77

I am facing a similar request, but using a VSC (4.2.2 for VMware). We would like to perform a backup of a VM and/or Datastore from a script. Anything can be done with VSC?

nelias1988

any news on that topic? is it possible with VSC 6.0?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public