VMware Solutions Discussions

Unable to create instance on VSC Storage

gabyh_citrix

Hi,

we are setting up the NetApp VSC in our German lab.

However we were running into an issue at the very beginning, not being able to deploy a VM on a NetApp managed primary storage.

Deployment on a non-NetApp managed (though NetApp stored) primary storage works fine. Also the creation of a data disk works fine on the VSC managed Storage works fine.

CCP version is 4.3.0.1.

Many thanks,

Gaby

5 REPLIES 5

howd

Hi,

We are looking into the difficulty you are experiencing.  Would you please share a little more information about your environment?  Specifically, which hypervisor are you running on the host that is giving you trouble?

thanks,

Dan

gabyh_citrix

It is XenServer 6.2 SP1 with latest Hotfixes applied.

If I connect via XenCenter I am also able to create a disk.

gabyh_citrix

Hi Dan,

any news about this?

Many thanks,

Gaby

howd

Gaby,

I really must apologize for the lack of communication.  I'm new, and I was hoping to have some more useful information prior to responding.  Unfortunately, I do not have anything useful yet, but I am working on it.

I am able to recreate the problem you are experiencing, but have not been able to determine the root cause yet.  I am opening a bug, and will update you with progress.

Additionally, when you are successful in deploying a VM on NetApp-stored (but not NetApp managed) primary storage, what is the scope for that primary storage?

Dan

gabyh_citrix

Sorry for confusion - the scope is cluster

Public