VMware Solutions Discussions

Unable to see other LUNS besides vol0 when using VSC to create LUNS

daniel_kaiser

Hi,

Another problem that i'm having regarding Virtual Storage Console.  When I try to provision a new datastore using the NetApp Datastore Provisioning Wizard in VSC, the program only shows me vol0 and no other LUNS that are stored on our filer.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I'm able to manually create a LUN and add it to ESX just fine, but i would really like to use VSC to do this.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

forgette

Hi Daniel,

I think part of the confusion might be that the Datastore Provisioning Wizard is a feature of RCU.  We've been getting that a lot lately, so I don't think it will be long before we clear it up.

The reason I bring this up is because you configure which volumes to create new datastores in, from the RCU plugin screen (the NetApp logo in the toolbar).  The Datastore Provisioning Wizard allows you to create new luns in the volumes you've specified.  At this time, neither the RCU or the VSC assist in creating volumes to store luns in.  Again, this is something we're looking at changing because of customer feedback.

Here are a few videos (on youtube)that might help:

Configure RCU

Provision iSCSI VMFS based Datastore

I hope this helps,

-Eric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

forgette

Hi Daniel,

I think part of the confusion might be that the Datastore Provisioning Wizard is a feature of RCU.  We've been getting that a lot lately, so I don't think it will be long before we clear it up.

The reason I bring this up is because you configure which volumes to create new datastores in, from the RCU plugin screen (the NetApp logo in the toolbar).  The Datastore Provisioning Wizard allows you to create new luns in the volumes you've specified.  At this time, neither the RCU or the VSC assist in creating volumes to store luns in.  Again, this is something we're looking at changing because of customer feedback.

Here are a few videos (on youtube)that might help:

Configure RCU

Provision iSCSI VMFS based Datastore

I hope this helps,

-Eric

daniel_kaiser

Eric thanks again.

Public