VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC shows a blank page in the Virtual center

richardbanton

Hi all

i am new to the site.

I have an issue with VSC.

I am using version 2, and Vphere4 update1.

VSC was working fine, but after a couple of weeks, i just get a blanks page in the Virtual center.

Also i get the below error in the Windows application Avent logs.

Many thanks

Richard

Log Name:      Application
Source:        SMVI
Date:          18/10/2010 15:44:28
Event ID:      4096
Task Category: Error
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      GBCSVVC01.int.elekta.com
Description:
25635 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] ERROR com.netapp.common.server.ServerMain - CLI-01090: CLI failed with the exception "java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind".
com.netapp.common.server.ServerException: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind at com.netapp.common.server.AbstractJettyServer.start(AbstractJettyServer.java:137) at com.netapp.common.server.ServerFacade.start(ServerFacade.java:61) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.netapp.common.cli.binding.CommandBinding.execute(CommandBinding.java:97) at com.netapp.common.server.ServerMain.execute(ServerMain.java:43) at com.netapp.common.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:68) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpleApp.java:244) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source) at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source) at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source) at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source) at javax.net.ssl.SSLServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketImpl.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketFactoryImpl.createServerSocket(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector.newServerSocket(SslSocketConnector.java:409) at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.open(SocketConnector.java:73) at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:272) at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.doStart(SocketConnector.java:147) at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:233) at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39) at com.netapp.common.server.AbstractJettyServer.start(AbstractJettyServer.java:125) ... 14 more
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="SMVI" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">4096</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>5</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-10-18T14:44:28.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>9912</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Blanked out)</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>25635 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] ERROR com.netapp.common.server.ServerMain - CLI-01090: CLI failed with the exception "java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind".
com.netapp.common.server.ServerException: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind at com.netapp.common.server.AbstractJettyServer.start(AbstractJettyServer.java:137) at com.netapp.common.server.ServerFacade.start(ServerFacade.java:61) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.netapp.common.cli.binding.CommandBinding.execute(CommandBinding.java:97) at com.netapp.common.server.ServerMain.execute(ServerMain.java:43) at com.netapp.common.server.ServerMain.main(ServerMain.java:68) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpleApp.java:244) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source) at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source) at java.net.ServerSocket.&lt;init&gt;(Unknown Source) at java.net.ServerSocket.&lt;init&gt;(Unknown Source) at javax.net.ssl.SSLServerSocket.&lt;init&gt;(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketImpl.&lt;init&gt;(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLServerSocketFactoryImpl.createServerSocket(Unknown Source) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SslSocketConnector.newServerSocket(SslSocketConnector.java:409) at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.open(SocketConnector.java:73) at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:272) at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.doStart(SocketConnector.java:147) at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:233) at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39) at com.netapp.common.server.AbstractJettyServer.start(AbstractJettyServer.java:125) ... 14 more</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeddgo123

Hi Richard

Did you check if there were any password changes to the filer? after the config of VSC??

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

amritad

Could be a wild guess but I’m wondering if tomcat is having issues. Could you also file a support case for this?

Regards

Amrita

Hi

Thanks for replying, Tomcat seems fine. The VC funtions that require Tomcat all work, and Tomcat itself seems good.

Kind regards

tomas_netherlands

I had the same issue, In my case the proxy setting in IE was the problem. Maybe another (security?) setting in IE will do the job?

rethelion

@tomas_netherlands: Thanks for the tip! I was wondering why the console didn't work on my machine, but I didn't look at the proxy settings.

-->Removed the proxy and now it works 🙂

jeddgo123

Hi Richard

Did you check if there were any password changes to the filer? after the config of VSC??

richardbanton

Thanks, that was exactly what the issue was. Very frustrating, when changes are made without a change control process!!!!

Many thanks.

Public