VMware Solutions Discussions

Where is it and how do I get a copy of it?

SCOTTIEROSE

Hello all!

Anyone know how can I cut, copy and paste, or run a report to text, exl or csv file of all the backups times and settings from vCenter > Solutions and Applications > NetApp > Backup and Recovery > All backup jobs? Where, other than presented in  , is that data kept and can I just get a simple cut, copy and paste out of the thing as you would a list of all the VM guest, buy doing a File > Export > List when in the Host and Clusters > Virtual Machines > vCenter window?

I don't care if I have to yank the data from a config file, database or someplace on the filer. I'd just like to be able to pull all the data together and se if I can use it to see what is going on at certain times of the day, when issues appear. Maybe even list it on our Data Center team's calendar so peoples could see what was going on and when.

Pictured below, I'd like to capture the light blue highlighted entries.

Scottie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

spence

It isn't pretty, but I think this is what you are looking for.  You'll have to pick through some XML.  Sorry for the video format but the communities doesn't allow attachments, so I converted to a PPT to a video.  What you want is towards the end.

Video Link : 3143

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

spence

It isn't pretty, but I think this is what you are looking for.  You'll have to pick through some XML.  Sorry for the video format but the communities doesn't allow attachments, so I converted to a PPT to a video.  What you want is towards the end.

Video Link : 3143

SCOTTIEROSE

Worked out quite well!

Find XML scripts in \\vc-prd-02\c$\NetApp\Virtual Storage Console\smvi\server\repository\backup\jobs

Copy to local C:\test directory

From DOS CLI C:\TEST\jobs>type *.xml > c:\jobs.xml

Edit jobs.xml, removing all lines containing <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

Add open and close objects (i.e.  <catalog>  <.catalog>, whatever you call these dumb things) within the XML file.

Open jobs.xml file in Excel as an xml table

Suck out the gooey, gelatinous data you were seeing to capture

Voila!

Data al Spence!

Thank you Spence!

Public