Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

failed to communicate with the unified manager proxy

miller

hello,

im tying to integrate performance manager to unified manager and get throw all the stages but get this message at the end:

failed to communicate with the unified manager proxy.....exiting.

versions:

esxi 5.1 

vcenter 5.1

on command performance manager - 2.1.0RC1

on command unified manager - 6.3

got the dns records as well.

the instances are up and running but only when i try to integrate between them(options 5 in opm) i get the error message.

please advise.

thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Dhiman

Hi Miller,

I am looking into this now. Hope you have followed "full integration" feature for integrating with OCUM 6.4. Please find attached document showing how to integrate OPM instance to OCUM in "Full Integration mode".

Please do not forget to "reboot" your OPM instance once you have performed the OPM integration steps in the OPM console.

Do let me know how it goes.  

Thanks,

Dhiman

kirana

Hi Miller,

With OPM2.1 and UM6.3, you can only go for partial-integration (legacy model of integrating OPM to UM). You can't use 'full-integration' until you move to UM6.4 where the reverse proxy service would honor this request and register URLs that can be routed to.

regards,

kiran.

SrinathATT

I am using below version..and getting the same error.." Registering required data with the Unified Manager. Failed to send registration request to the Unified Manager".

UM version: 6.3 P2

PM version: 2.0.0P3

Note: Certifcates are trused.

What am i missing here?

--srinath

Public