ONTAP Discussions

No Oncammand System Manager after upgrade 9.3

m_lecoq

Hello,
Following the update in 9.3 I no longer have access to system eat on but cluster. I have three bay 2 FAS 2600 and one AFF200 and I have the same behavior. It remains to the load even when doing F5.
Have you ever encountered this problem in this or previous versions?
I have tried several machines with several browsers even symptom. I rebooted two out of three berries and it's always the same.
I have a ticket in progress at the support desk.

TGI_-_SRV-OUTILS.pngTGI_-_SRV-OUTILS 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HarisBesic

I had the same problem after an upgrade. After creating a case with support and a few days later we found out that theres a bug regarding Unicode at sysmgr login. 

We were asked if only english characters were being used, we did. But we changed the password of the admin account anyway just to be sure (we had an : and . in the password). After the password change we managed to login. So try changing your password if you're having this issue. 

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1139110

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

qw
NetApp

Hi,

Could you try options mentioned below and let me know the outcome.

Option 1:

Try clearing the browser cache and try to login to SM using cluster-management IP

Option 2:

Is it possible to share the browser console log? (Via inspect element of browser, open inspect element console and provide the system IP and click enter)

It will be helpful to identify the root cause of the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and regards,

mahalakg@netapp.com

System Manager TME

HONIG2012

have you tried to get into the system manager from a different workstation? which browser are you using?

AJ

m_lecoq

Hi,

I use 4 machines

- 2008 R2 FR

- 2012 R2 FR

- 2012 R2 EN

- Windows 10 EN

3 naviguateur

- IE 11

- Firefox

- Chrome

On the other hand, I just found this with the browser console and I have the same error on all bays.

Windows_10_x64 3.png

m_lecoq

Is there a way to push back the 9.3 once I re-download them?

qw
NetApp

Could you try to upgrade it to 9.3 GA build?

m_lecoq

It's GA release, I do not use RC in clients

qw
NetApp

I have done the upgrade from 9.2 to 9.3 using system image update.

SM is opening successfully after the browser refresh. For the time being when update is not completed, SM doesn’t open and it says

The requested URL /sysmgr/SysMgr.html was not found on this server. Later when the update is completed and I refreshed the browser, SM launched successfully.

Try command from CLI : 

vserver services web show -vserver vservername -name sysmgr

Could you send me the logs and the output of above command, so that it would be easy to find the root cause?

m_lecoq

Here is the order

TGI_-_SRV-OUTILS2.png

I tried to upgrade last night and it's the same thing.

TGI_-_SRV-OUTILS2 2.png

TGI_-_SRV-OUTILS2 3.png

m_lecoq

With Windows 2012 R2 English, Firefox English jsut keyboard French

SRV-OUTILS2_and_RE__Avance_de_frais_février_-_Boîte_de_réception.png

jhaywood

I'm having the same problem instantly after the upgrade from ontap 9.0 to 9.3

Browser console is showing 

VM1748:1 POST https://localhost/sysmgr/sysmgr/mlogscript 405 (Method Not Allowed) 

security audit log show

Thu Mar 08 09:45:39 2018  a200a-1      [kern_audit:info:7370] 8503e80000000732 :: A200-Van:http :: 10.99.99.120:33298 :: A200-Van:admin :: Error: POST /sysmgr/sysmgr/mlogscript HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed

Has any progress been made on this?

chris_sims

I am also having the same issue but it appears to be new requirements on the Netapp side that IE must match because it works from some Windows 2012 R2 servers' IE but not from others. Also if I try to access the logs area through the SPI URL (i.e. https://<clusterIP>/spi/) IE just hangs and never completes but I can get to teh SPI logs area though https for each node, just not the if using the cluster ip. I have a ticket open and a session scheduled with tech support tomorrow, but any other insights before could be helpful.

chris_sims

one thing i did notice is that third-party extensions allowed is enabled on the server that works but not the server that doesnt work; got a question out to tech support to see if that is now required in IE when 9.3 is installed.

Tas

We had the issue when updating to 9.3 on a test array.  I didn't actually perform the upgrade, but my partner who did, said he saw an error as ONTAP was upgrading.  Of course, he didn't write it down.

OnCommand System Manager allowed the sign-on screen, and then failed.  We recovered by force re-installing ONTAP.  (Call Support first)

As to the browsers, I've found that Firefox 48 64-bit is the best to use on the newere versions of NetApp software.  DO NOT GO later than 48 at this time.

chris_sims

So this was resolved by Technical Support for my issue. It turned out to be that in 9.2 and later FastPath is disabled, so the NAS will no longer route traffic internally. Here is the write-up from Tech Support:

-Overview:

HTTPS connectivity issues since the upgrade to Ontap 9.3

-Issue discovered:

This issue is due to Fastpath being disabled in the Cluster. This means that previously, Fastpath would ignore the route table and just egress (go back out) the same lif the communication started on. This allowed the routing table to be relaxed and provided a handicap.  Now with the feature disabled ALL routes are dependent on the route table to transmit traffic back out of the Nodes to your network.

Release notes for 9.3
https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMLP2492508/html/GUID-BED9D089-16EE-4A70-A371-262613F81805.html

Beginning with ONTAP 9.2, the networking stack is updated for improved performance and resiliency.

As part of the stack update, fastpath routing support was removed because it masked problems with improper routing tables. Hence, it is no longer possible to set the ip.fastpath.enable option in the nodeshell, and existing fastpath configurations are disabled when upgrading to ONTAP 9.2 and later.

KB article explaining the changes in details with recommendations:
https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1072895

henk_ruis

Hi,

I expirenced a logon failure after upgrading to ONTAP9.3P4 this was resolved by removing the browser history and restart the browser.

There was no issue with logon trough Putty.

Tas

Yes, there are multiple issues we've experienced.

1.  As someone stated earlier in this thread, you need a specific route for your management traffic for the Cluster and Node management.  (You need to have a separate management subnet (. - period)

2.  I've found Firefox is the best browser for NetApp products, but I often have to upgrade.  Many of the tool README.txt files tell you the versions of browsers required at minimum.  I would suggest using Firefox Quantum releases at this point.  The only issue with quantum is VMware which still does not have a pure and workable HTML 5 client.

3.  Clear out your cache in the browser, close the browser and try again.

Tas

HarisBesic

I had the same problem after an upgrade. After creating a case with support and a few days later we found out that theres a bug regarding Unicode at sysmgr login. 

We were asked if only english characters were being used, we did. But we changed the password of the admin account anyway just to be sure (we had an : and . in the password). After the password change we managed to login. So try changing your password if you're having this issue. 

https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1139110

Public