Simulator Discussions

Peering SVMs "no permitted SVMs"?

Zulhadi

Hi..

Need to ask a help here related my test lab using ontap simulator 9.4 which is my currently in testing to do a snapmirror exercise. Now i stuck on part on SVM peering.

Still playing with on peer configuration part and I've setup a cluster1 and cluster2 Select instance.

I've setup cluster peering and it looks healthy.

I'm trying to setup SVM peering so I can try to get an SVM on my cluster1 to replicated to my cluster2

I can see the cluster but I simply see "no permitted SVMs" and I've not tracked down any kb article that seems to tell me why.

The source SVM is basic with just a single volume and NFS and CIFS protocol enabled.

The destination SVM that I created is the same.

Any thought what the point i missing? Thank

error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GrumpyOldMen

Can also be done by using the GUI... Configuration ==> Cluster Peers ==> Select a cluster ==> Manage SVM Permissions

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SeanHatfield

That option is only available if the admin on the peered cluster has already granted vserver peering permission from the CLI.

See:

https://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/topic/com.netapp.doc.dot-cm-cmpr-940/vserver__peer__permission__create.html

Otherwise type in the name of the peer SVM and it will initiate a peering request, which will need to be accepted on the other cluster.  

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

GrumpyOldMen

Can also be done by using the GUI... Configuration ==> Cluster Peers ==> Select a cluster ==> Manage SVM Permissions

Public