VMware Solutions Discussions

Arcserve NDMP

gisabella

Hi,

Looking to find out if anyone using Arcserve 12 with NDMP option to backup their data ?

TIA

Genito

2 REPLIES 2

mikeyaeger

Genito,

I am in the process of implementing NDMP backups with ArcServe 12.  I realize it's been several months since this post, but I've hit a number of challenges, so would love to discuss what your experiences have been.

Thanks,

Mike

gisabella

Mike,

I have stopped using NDMP totally.  I was hoping it was like a "iscsi for tape" solution.

We used iscsi luns and if I created a 100GB lun it would be backup up as a 100GB lun in Arcserve even if I am using 10GB.

Arcserve's implmentation was pretty weak in my opinion and the support staff were not knowledgeable enough to help me in my case at least.

For me I am hoping for iscsi tape drives to become more prevelant and also working towards disk based backups.

I am in the SMB arena using ESX3.x and I would not really want to connect a tape drive directly to a ESX host, not sure if and how it would work.....

If you have more questions please let me kno

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public