VMware Solutions Discussions

Re: VSC 7.1 with vSphere 6.7

Hi Karl,

Any news on the next version of VSC with support for VMware 6.7?

Also do you know if it would be possible to upgrade from current VSC 7.2 or would this be a fresh install?

Thanks

Michele

Hi,

We are still on track to delivering, but it will likely be towards the end of the month.

It should be an easy upgrade from 7.2.

---Karl

That's very good to hear! thanks Karl for coming back.

Just wondering if VMware 6.7u1  would be included. That'll be awesome!

Regards,

Michele

Yes, VSC 7.2.1 will support vSphere 6.7U1 (as well as 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7 releases).  It will also support all currently supported ONTAP releases (9.1, 9.3, 9.4, and 9.5).

One note about vSphere 6.7.  We found occasional problems with Windows guests on NFSv3 and vSphere 6.7 in our testing, and you'll find this note in our Interoperability Matrix Tool:

Windows GOS hosted on ESXi6.7-NFSV3 datastores occasionally experience longer I/O timeouts. This issue is not observed with ESXi 6.7U1 so upgrade your server to ESXi 6.7U1.

Please refer Bug:1164257 and Public Report https://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/bol?Type=Detail&Display=1164257 for more details.

---Karl

Great stuff!

Hoping to see VSC 7.2.1 soon

Thanks

Michele

It is very disappointing that 8 months after release, NetApp VSC is still not supported in vSphere 6.7!

NetApp is holding our Enterprise back - is it time to find a new partner?

Crossing my fingers that this doesn't drag into 2019...

I have to admit, VMware VSAN is looking better all the time.  I am running a hybrid VSAN in my home lab and it is working great.  It is a bit picky on drivers and bios versions, it has a built in checker.  My VSAN hardware is all on the compatibility list, but I am running newer versions of drivers for my SAS controller and firmware on the NVMe SSDs than what is officially approved and it is complaining about it.  But it is still works great.

Will this NetApp VSC 7.2.1 (SRA functionality)  work  VMware vSphere 6.7/SRM 8.1?

Yes, I believe we will support that combination.  We already support 6.5 wtih SRM 8.1 with the 7.2 appliance.

---Karl

@konnerth Thanks for reply. My NetApp/VMware environment is already at vCenter 6.7 - SRM 8.1, so 7.2 appliance won't work.

Do you have a date of 7.2.1 release? It suppose to be in December and only 10 days left.

Also can I get an early release of the 7.2.1 now for testing?

Regards,

Giao Le

Forums