VMware Solutions Discussions

VSC appliance 9.6

Uldis

Hi

I have problems deploying VSC appliance 9.6 in vsphere. Appliance can't configure static ipv4 network. It uses allways dhcp, i dont have. I can configure ipv4 network manually from maintenance mode later, but it dont help, hostname is still invalid. Server can resolve hostname, hostname ir registered in dns.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Blissitt

Did you specify your fixed IP address (and other settings) while deploying the appliance?  This problem has happened to me quite a bit.  In the end I had to find a browser/vSphere combination that worked for me.  My cookbook literally contains the step "Use Chrome against vSphere to deploy VM using the Flash-based vSphere client."  So try different browsers against vSphere.  If it still fails, you can deploy directly to the ESXi host, but that may not be supported.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Blissitt

Did you specify your fixed IP address (and other settings) while deploying the appliance?  This problem has happened to me quite a bit.  In the end I had to find a browser/vSphere combination that worked for me.  My cookbook literally contains the step "Use Chrome against vSphere to deploy VM using the Flash-based vSphere client."  So try different browsers against vSphere.  If it still fails, you can deploy directly to the ESXi host, but that may not be supported.

Blissitt

Sorry, I missed this step when deploying the appliance:

"Log out of vSphere and delete browser cache before deploying appliance."

RajeshPanda

@Uldis Can you look into the response and update the thread ?

Public